Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Here I go again...


To quote the poetic words of Whitesnake, “Here I go again on my own.” I’m sitting by myself in the post-security food court at YYC waiting for my overpriced, delayed charter flight to the UK...and I’ve just given myself a lovely mental picture Tawny Kitaen rolling around on the nose of the aircraft...but I digress.

I said goodbye to the last and most important people last night (that would be my family) and thanks to a 2.5 hour flight delay I got to say goodbye to them all again today. Saying goodbye over a meal (my family does everything over a meal) meant that also I also had the opportunity to enjoy one last Canadian breakfast, however I instinctively ordered tea and ham rather than coffee and streaky bacon. In hindsight I probably should have taken the opportunity to indulge in our delicious North American heart attack inducing version of bacon and some good all-you-can-drink coffee, but I’m sure I can learn to enjoy different fatty or caffeinated indulgences over there. The other added bonus of being delayed is it gave me time to get my new presumably fraud-free Visa card in the mail at the 11th hour...not that I should use it much whilst on leave from job.  

Anyway, my epically overweight luggage is checked and I’m $400 poorer thanks to it, but at least I get to enjoy all the added benefits of flying “Premium” class. Yay! A warm wet facecloth and some generic wine...but that’s the price you pay when you insist on taking all your shoes overseas on a discount airline. My luggage weighs 10kg less than I do. I’m just impressed that I can lift it all myself...now to find a UK chiropractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment