Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Prairie Purgatory

By purgatory I don’t mean anything derogatory, although some may argue that time spent in Calgary is a form of punishment. For me I'm simply in a self-inflicted limbo. I’ve packed up my life, said goodbye and returned ‘home’ while I await my imminent departure to the UK. If Catholic purgatory were potentially as pleasant as Calgary purgatory then I’d happily convert and commit some venial sins. The days ahead promise to be full reconnecting with family and friends, relaxing, and hopefully relieving some of my parents’ burden by helping out a bit. It’s not a bad way to segue into my new life…but first I need to figure out a way to make my luggage lighter…perhaps my physicist brother can come up with a way to temporarily convert my belongings into some weightless substance, or perhaps he can invent the first anti-gravity suitcase.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo excited to read about your travels and adventures as you follow your passions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Calgary is not a bad place to come back to. Maybe - in small quantities of like a month at a time - it can even be called pretty great. I always look forward to trips back. Maybe it takes leaving to like it.

    Have a wonderful time with everyone and safe travels soon!

    ReplyDelete