Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Prologue Continues

Oh, how I hate job hunting. Over the past week I’ve submitted at least 3 dozen resumes, most of which were for jobs I had absolutely no interest in. The economy in Swansea is apparently more crap than I had anticipated. It makes me feel a little at home seeing a thriving retail centre filled with a handful of destitute unemployed, possibly homeless people. Ah, urban decay. That being said, I did just leave an interview for a job that I would define as decent, to possibly a good gig. We’ll see what they say when they call with their final decision, but I have as good a feeling as I could about it.

So the job hunt has been more or less ‘meh.’ So what else have I been up to whilst in Wales...other than eating too much that is? Well, I’ve been fortunate to have enough time to pursue two of my current passions. I’ve been training for my next half marathon this coming Sunday...and by running I mean two 6 mile runs and plenty of carbing up. The other bit of funness has been getting Sleepy Panda Club up and running. Gruff and I have spent a couple of good solid days refining and polishing songs, audition singers and jamming with the boys. Things are starting to come together...hopefully we’ll have some audio samples on MySpace soon.

The agenda for the rest of the week: Run, secure a job, and move into my dorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment